Print Friendly Recipe
- 4 quail, boned
- Salt and pepper
- pate de foie gras (enough to stuff quail, about 2 oz (56 grm). each)
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) minced shallot
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Armagnac
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) veal or chicken stock
- 2 tsp (10 ml) to 3 tsp (15 ml) arrowroot dissolved in water
- Fresh chervil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Season quail, stuff with foie gras and wrap with bacon.
- In oven proof saute pan heat 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the butter over moderate heat until hot.
- Add quail and cook until golden on all sides.
- Transfer to oven and roast 15 minutes.
- Transfer quail to a serving dish.
- Discard all but 2 tbsp (30 ml) fat from pan.
- Add shallot and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Deglaze pan with Armagnac, scraping up brown bits clinging to bottom of pan.
- Add veal stock and reduce to 1 cup (225 ml).
- Add enough arrowroot to lightly thicken sauce.
- Whisk in remaining butter.
- Pour juices from platter containing quail into sauce and stir to combine.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.